Subject: Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:37:00 -0700

Phong wrote:

> Canon's are more Leica (and Nikon's are more Contax), no ?
> Not that I am up to the current erudition of camera historia.
>
> - Phong

Like Leica Nikon is a small company. Much larger than Leica of course.
But Canon is Alaska and Nikon is Connecticut. Canon has branches and
divisions it has forgot about.
The fact that Nikon can compete at all with Canon is truly amazing.
If Canon lost it's photo branch overnight no one over there at the
company would know the difference.
One or two people missing at the cafeteria during lunch.

Nikon is the Avis of SLR's. "We try harder"

http://www.outlawforpeace.com/trade/store/it-but03.html

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com