Subject: [Leica] OT: Mark and his NikonDigital [ was: Full circle with Nikons ]
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:59:15 -0700

At 07:41 PM 7/9/2003 +0100, Steve Unsworth wrote:
>Or even...
>http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v24/msg09020.html
>http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v24/msg03100.html
>
>'I'd love to have an Olympus OM 1 but don't care to hear them discussed
>in much detail here on the LUG. That's not why I'm here on the LUG the
>Leica Users Group I'm here to hear about using Leicas.'
>
>All I can say Mark is that the Nikon must have made a hell of an impression
>on you.

Or that it is time to move on....

As *I* am being referenced in the 2nd link above, I forgot Mark's ribbing
on me when I first joined. I do remember defending GeeBee's rights to post
non-Leica pics because simply that GeeBee's pics are very good, regardless
whether it is a Leica, Panasonic LeikaLeica , or the OM-1.

I do find it highly amusing that Mark posted a love-fest of his new digital
toy. I am even more amused that people are throwing stones back at him.
Live by the swords, die by the swords. Perhaps you guys enjoy verbal
banters, but I cringe at "no OT" criticism. When an OT thread gets too
long, it will die. Live and let live.

I am on both the OM and this list. Both lists generate LOTS of email. Even
if 1/10th or 1/5th is off topic, what remains is still a lot of msgs, so OT
is just noise.

OK, time to stop rambling on and on... :-)

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>