Subject: RE: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons NOW BD's Leica SLR list
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:18:49 -0400

I am ROF choking on my coffee over the anal-compulsive, reverse
telescopic vision of some on this list - My comment about the "six"
folks in the market for mechanical SLRS was , in fact, a defense of the
Nikon F3. What I said was that the reason the F3 is still sitting in
warehouses is the same reason that the R8 an R9 have done so poorly -
didn't Leica R sales drop 18percent last year, following a drop the year
before that? And I said that the reason was a general lack of interest
in all mechanical SLRS, as people fall all over themselves to buy the
most automatic whatever available.

I did NOT in that post attack the R line. I did not attack anyone for
wanting a mechanical SLR. I simply pointed out WHY mechanical SLRS sell
poorly at this time.

What what we have as a thread that won't die is R users signing up to
prove that more than six people use Rs...:-)

B. D.
(shaking head in bewilderment.)