Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm f/2 Summicron - Yes
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:16:41 -0400

Hello-o-o-o:

I hope you were all joking. Leica introduced its new 28mm f/2 Summicron two
years ago. See reviews in  VIEWFINDER Vol 34 No 4, Fourth Quarter 2001. I
fondled one at Northvale this afternoon, together with a new MP. I will soon
buy one of the latter; it is exactly the rangefinder camera they need to
produce; has it all and doesn't have what it doesn't need.

M7 for AE, otherwise this is the perfect all-time Leica RF: original M body
style (shallower top-plate), no red dot or name on front of camera and once
again anyone can again adjust RF vertical, stronger old-fashioned rewind
knob - accessory rapid-rewind gizmo ought to be included rather than
expensive ad-on; vastly improved rangefinder - flare gone - TTL metering
gone, useless anyway for fill-in. And with the 0.85 RF, the long-wheelbase
version, you have close to the focusing accuracy of the legendary M3 and
still have a 35mm frame in the VF.

My kind of Leica. In silver chrome it will look very appropriately
old-fashioned with a 50/2 Rigid Summicon.

Seth             LaK 9