Subject: Re: [Leica] Almost on topic - Televid question.
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:41:04 +0800

David,

I have a few Televids in the house and use them often.  Here are my 2 cents:

[a] with a larger diameter I suspect the Televid 77 gathers more light.

[b] Yes, the APO version is worth the extra cost, and the price difference
is actually not significant.

[c] The best eyepiece, optically, is the 32x.  The 20-60x zoom eyepiece is a
lot more versatile.  I 'scan' the field at 20x setting and zoom-in at 60x to
view the details.  The view is slightly dimmer with the zoom finder,
however.

I must add a stable and rigid tripod is a must, since the slightest movement
will induce motion sickness at 60x!

BTW, there is a SLR adapter and you can attach your R8 to the Televid.  It
becomes a 800mm lens if I recall correctly.  There is also a digital camera
adapter for the Digilux 1.  Leica call this 'Digiscoping'!

Bests,

Joseph