Subject: [Leica] OT: Info needed on Darkroom/Film Developing Cookbooks
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:31:17 -0700

Amazon, in its ever-friendly suggestions and hints to relieve you of
more money than you had ever envisioned spending at their site, has
started a "buy together" feature.  Click on a book that you're
interested in and they suggest that you might be interested in a
companion book.  I'm not sure that you get either of them cheaper if
you buy both, but I'm also sure that Amazon is counting on few people
to stop and think before experiencing that warm buzz of consumerism
that wells up inside as you caress the "Buy both now!" button with your
mouse pointer.

The companion book to "The Film Developing Cookbook: Advanced
Techniques for Film Developing" by Anchell & Troop is "The Darkroom
Cookbook" (2nd ed.) by... Anchell.

For those of you who actually OWN or have READ *both* these books,
could you please let me know if they overlap greatly, or if they indeed
are complementary, as Amazon would suggest.  It seems a little
unnecessary to spend an additional $24.49 for the darkroom cookbook if
it covers pretty much the same stuff as the film developing one.

M.

Replies: Reply from Mike Durling <durling@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: Info needed on Darkroom/Film Developing Cookbooks)