Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm lens hood help
From: David Prakel <david@photopartners.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:11:51 +0100

On 14/7/03 8:19 pm, "Gerry Walden "
<owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

> I am using a 24mm f2.8 Elmarit R which has a 60mm bayonet lens hood part
> # 12523. On the hood itself is a small wheel that as far as I can see
> does nothing. Can somebody please tell me what it is for?

Gerry

This rotates a Series VIII polarising filter when that is in place. The
wheel has a rubber edge that engaged with the filter to turn it round. To
fit the filter you have to pull back on the wheel to let the filter sit
neatly inside - sadly I could never afford a Leitz (as was) filter and
bought a B+W C-Pol filter that was fractionally undersize and never worked
in the hood.

You will find standard 60mm thread filters (Heliopan and B+W and a few
others only) fit the lens.

- --
Regards
David Prakel

Centre of Britain PhotoWorkshops Partnership
www.photopartners.co.uk