Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Apology
From: Steve LeHuray <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:23:28 -0400

> Ah, the LUGzoo.
>
> One person using the freedom of speech to voice an opinion.
>
> The hall monitors using the freedom of speech to attack that person.
>
> All under the Leica Users Group facade.
>
> Where else can we find such fine dialog?
>
> ...Nowhere else!
>
> JB

....yes, "nowhere else."  I agree with this comment which is actually a
comment on life in the US than life on the LUG. Or life on the LUG is a
microcosm of the US.

As far as Don's comments, I defend his right to say these things. And I have
spent personal time with Don (Leica Cape Cod workshop for 3 days) and Don is
no racist. He is one of the nicest, gentlest, thoughtful guys I know. Let's
face it the World is a very nasty place, and, I find nothing wrong with
having a long memory about things that been done to hurt you, or your
family, or country. Just MHO.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: Apology)