Subject: RE: [Leica] Equipment getting really cheap
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:50:05 -0400

I am, Steve...But there is nothing surprising about the dive in Nikon
and Canon film camera prices, for haven't people here generally taken
the position that that buying that equipment was like buying a car -
drive it off the showroom floor and you lose 1/3 of the value? Leica
equipment, on the other hand, has long been described on this list as an
"investment" because it "holds its value."

$380 for an M3 - assuming it's in good condition - sounds to me like
about 1/2 of what it would have been a year ago. And God knows the M6
has taken a swan dive into the toilet. All of which is great for those
who want to increase their Leica holdings - but bad news for sellers.