Subject: Re: [Leica] Apology
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:56:53 -0700

On 2003-07-15 watts@firebomb.com (Ian Watts) thoughtfully wrote:

>Actually I'm never particularly happy when referred to as a Brit. I don't
>mind being called British, English, an Englishman - or even a Limey.
>However, Brit (however well intentioned) does have the whiff of an insult
>about it (e.g. 'Brit' is very much the term of choice for Irish
>Republicans).

Just goes to show how complex this business is - 'cause I thought Brit was a
completely acceptable term. Certainly in the Navy we used it when operating
against our counter-parts and there was no perception of it being anything other
than a quick short-hand. "Limey" however was avoided.

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] Apology)