Subject: Re: [Leica] No one would make liz taylor pimple free!
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:19:09 -0700

on 07/15/03 5:37 PM, Dan C at leicaman@sympatico.ca wrote:

> I missed the begining of this thread, but if Liz Taylor were ever to hire
> me to make a portrait of her, I gaurantee that her face in the final image
> will be about as perfect and blemish free as a human face could possibly be
> (unless she had strong feelings otherwise).   But then I am not a news
> photographer.  Is that the key to this thread?

Actually, Liz is one of the few celebrities who has a good enough sense of
self to not worry about what people think. She allowed a LIFE photographer
to photograph her bald and scarred (and stitched together) after chemo and
brain surgery.

Very powerful and dramatic photo. It's good to see some people have enough
sense of humor as well to laugh at the way they look.

And not just for news photographers, but for anyone who's involved in
straight photography, journalism, documentary or any other kind of
photographer that appreciates what makes photography unique.

- --
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

If you give me six lines written by the most honest man, I will find
something in them  to hang him.

Cardinal de Richelieu ­ Prime Minister of France 1585-1642