Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:01:18 -0700

George,
I have solved that dilemna in that I do both. I have a Nikon Coolpix
5000 and my Leica M2.

As managing editor of the European Train Enthusiasts publication
EXPRESS, I use the Coolpix for material that has to go into print.
Examples being casual shots of club meetings, close-ups of model train
hints and tips, showing our modular layout at train shows, etc.

The M2 is for more artsy type stuff. Slides which I then scan in and
have fun manipulating.

Besides, the Coolpix was a Christmas/25th anniversary present from my
bride.

Both have their pluses and minuses, but then we all know that, don't
we.

Regards

Kurt
- --