Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Single Malt and Leica and Very OT
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:35:21 -0600

Marc James Small wrote in part:

>Sixth, Jameson's was the drink-of-choice of Michael Collins, the "Big Man"
>of the Irish Revolution and arguably the most brilliant guerilla leader of
>the 20th century.

Marc, "arguably the most brilliant guerilla leader of the 20th
century"?? Now that's funny, I don't think anyone who reads world
history could argue that  and keep a straight face!

Mao Tse-Tung was unquestionably, by any measure, the most brilliant and
successful guerilla leader of the last century. He defeated a US backed
army of 4 million men and ruled a country of one billion people until
his death. Which just happens to be the largest country by population
and third largest country by size on the planet.

Of course Nguyen Tat Thanh (aka Ho Chi Minh) was no slouch either, he
defeats another US backed army (the French) in 1954, becomes President
of North Vietnam and puts in motion in 1959 an ultimately successful
second war against both (the US backed) South Vietnamese and large scale
direct US involvement.

Then there's Lenin, Tito, Castro, Guevara.....

Regards,

Greg