Subject: RE: [Leica] digital glass
From: "Clive Moss" <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:43:44 -0500

According to
http://www-psych.stanford.edu/~lera/psych115s/notes/lecture2/

"Absorbing even a single photon of light in a rod is enough to evoke a
regular/reliable photocurrent. In fact, Hecht, Schlar and Perrine
demonstrated in the 40's that human subjects can reliably detect single
photons."

I think that is also what Feynman said, but I cannot find the reference --
all my books are still in boxes.

I can also heartily recommend Feynman's "Six Easy Pieces" -- recorded on CD
- -- for a layman's introduction to Physics.
- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net