Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning slides
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:22:58 -0700

On 2003-07-16 khmiska@umich.edu (khmiska) thoughtfully wrote:

>Question - should I scan at still higher resolution? If so, what res?
>
>Should I print at a higher res? If so what?

Scan at your scanner's highest resolution. After you have tweaked your image to
suit then use Photoshop's  Image>Image Size... command with the Resample Image
box UNCHECKED (turned off) to set the printable dimensions you want to use. Then
let the printer software take care of the rest, making sure to have the color
management settings manipulated in whatever manner is appropriate for your print
environment.

adam