Subject: RE: [Leica] Lagavulin and focusing Noctilux and 75 Summilux in low light
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:41:51 -0400

Hello again Mitch,

I didn't think it was jocular so I will repeat my reply.  When light get
low enough that even an M is having trouble you have to find an edge to
focus on.  With the human eye the best edge is the transition from the
white of the eye to the eyelid; or if you are close enough the iris to
the white of the eye.  If you rotate the camera so that line moves on
the short axis of the rangefinder patch then focusing will be much
improved.

The other post also offered a good suggestion.  When your focus is
within a few inches of correct, sometimes it is easier to move your body
in or out a fraction to bring the subject into correct focus.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com