Subject: RE: [Leica] Lagavulin and focussing Noctilux and 75 Summilux in lowlight - Now bulk loading
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:17:36 -0400

First, one buys a bulk loader - maybe the Watson - $17.99 at B&H
Then one buys a changing bag - price it yourself. ;-)
Then one buys film, preferably in 100 foot rolls...
Tri-X is about $22 for 100 feet of USAW - plenty good...
Then one buys empty cartridges....I haven't done this for a while, but I
think they were about $.30 a piece....

You will get about 18 36 exposure rolls out of 100 feet of Tri-X...which
is $1.22 per roll - plus the $.30 for the cart, means a cost of about
$1.52 per roll...(The bulk loader and bag are cheap enough so you can
leave them out of the equation..;-) )

Now - if you do your own processing, obviously you can reuse the carts -
if not...

out, makes watching t.v. almost worthwhile.

BUT - there will come a time when you will discover scratches on a bulk
loaded cart....

So bulk loading definitely saves money. However...A fifty-roll pack of
imported Tri-X (I never buy anything else) from B&H works out to $2.19
per roll - or apx $.79 per roll more than bulk loading. And while I am
not into flushing money down the toilet, I'd rather pop open that cute
little plastic garbage can and take out a Kodak-rolled roll, than go
through the loading process.

B. D.