Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW: Model shoot (non-Leica)
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:32:51 +0200

> Phong wrote:
> > Your point is well taken.  If anything, I have gained a lot of respect
> > for posed portraiture, such as so masterly done by Yosuf Karsh.  And
> > to think that in many instances, especially with busy prominent public
> > figures, you have only the opportunity to shoot a few shots.<<<
>
> Hi Phong,
> Oh not quite so with old Yosuf, as "he was the personality" and everything
> was built around the Master "taking the portrait. " In other words those
> busy prominent people who sat for him sat quietly and as long as he
required
> to do his magic. ;-)
>
> And anyone else trying that wouldn't have a chance! ;-)
> ted

I had the good fortune to assist with a day long fashion shoot and was
amazed by all the hard work from all the assistents stylist makeup cloth
whatever,The photography was very simple just two big umbrellas at 1500
basically put there were the location(a nightclub0 allowed them to be.
Especially the hair people they just say hold on walk on to the set to
adjust a hair or two.was great fun.
regards
simon jessurun

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] PAW: Model shoot (non-Leica))