Subject: Re: [Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith@dcc.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:46:23 -0500

If you are not that concerned with speed (i.e., shoot outdoors mostly), the
Tri-Elmar (28, 35, and 50) is a great carrying-around lens. If speed is a
concern, I would suggest (1) used Leica glass, (2) new Voigtlander glass,
and (3) new Leica glass, in that order. The order is dictated only because
of price. That said, I think (1) and (2) will have similar optical quality
and similar price. The LUG *is* biased toward Leica glass, so I might get
flamed a bit for this.

Regarding Voigtlander glass, a good threesome for indoor shooting would be:

28/1.9
35/1.7 or (if you can afford it) 35/1.2
50/1.5

Voigtlander doesn't have a fast 90. You'll have to go to Leica for that.

Jeffery Smith