Subject: [Leica] Photo Essay?
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:51:25 -0400

I dont' know that these are really a photo essay, but I'm not sure what
else to call them.  Last summer was World Youth Days, a get together of
young Catholics from around the world, culminating with a Papal Mass.
Hundreds of thousand of kids from all around the world took over Toronto
for a week or two - it was fun!

I was on the subway in the midst of all this, when our car was
"comandeered" by a dozen or so Mexican youngsters, who started dancing
and singing a song about Jesus, complete with gestures.  Even a crusty
old atheist such as myself couldn't help but be moved by their obvious
joy.  Luckily I'm never without my CL:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=320784

I don't know that any photo really stands on it's own, or that they
(either individually or as a group) work without an explanation to put
them into context.  But if anyone finds them interesting, or worthy of
comment, I'd be happy to hear what you think.

thanks,
frank

- --
"I don't believe in God, but I do believe in pi" - Henri Cartier-Bresson