Subject: Re: [Leica] was @#$@#$#@ foreigners..FU to all who agree with this crap
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:27:17 -0700

Subject: Re: [Leica] was @#$@#$#@ foreigners.. this means watches I think.
;-)

When the '92 Winter Olympics closed our crew went to Lusaunne for a couple
of days R&R and while looking in the window of a, please for give me...
"watch store not a camera store.." I saw this incredible collector watch for
my wife. How sweet.:-)

Now she's a collector, some of you know what that is, ;-) not cameras,"Lady
Bugs!" Not live ones, everything and anything with a lady bug of some sort
engraved, painted etc. So a gift of a "collector Lady Bug watch" was just
the thing.

Unfortunately when I inquired of the shop keeper it was a price only the
King of a rich country could afford. So that took care of that.:-( I missed
the diamonds!

However, with the quick eye of a sharp shooting photojournalist I noticed,
you're not going to believe this.... A Mickey Mouse watch! .... Yep that's
right, a real honest to goodness Hollywood Mickey Mouse watch!!!!  How lucky
could I be and asked "How much??"

Before I heard the price I was given a story about it being hand made by one
of the most famous watch makers in all the world, Herr Timex of Upper
Slobovia high in the Alps. "Gee this isn't a collector Lady Bug watch but I
bet she'll love the story that goes with it." ;-) Cost a fortune! No wonder
I've always been a poor photojournalist spending money on expensive things.
;-)

So I bought the story hook, line and watch. There's one born every minute.
:-(

Why I bet I could've bought a several super size Cokes, or better, a good
size Lagavulin. But this was for my, " She Who Must be Obeyed" nothing is to
much for her.     ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-).

End of story and a pile of money ! There you go eh? :-)

Oh did she like it? Yep and a day later showed me the same watch in K Mart
for $12.95 Canadian dollars. ;-) Oh well some photographers are born a few
frames short of a full roll! ;-)

Watches and at times, the waste gabbing about single malts and other
nonsense, rather than picture taking makes us all short a bunch of frames on
every roll! So get out there and shoot something! oooops, Take pictures of
something! :-) It's easy, just don't turn your computer on.        Have a
nice photo day! :-)
ted