Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nick Ut's Napalm girl
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:50:23 -0400

Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:

>    Rolfe Tessem said: "But in the uncropped version of Nick Ut's Pulitzer
>Prize winning Vietnam photo of the naked girl running down the road to
>escape the napalm attack, you will see David Burnett frantically trying to
>reload his M2"
>
>Rolfe,
>    For the record, David vehemently states he is not the photographer in
>the photo. I was stunned when the normally calm and humorous Burnett got
>riled up when I ribbed him about "being out of position."
>
>    And, I fully agree with Ted's statement....
>Happy Snaps,
>Sal

Sal,

That is bizarre, bacause the reason I was able to relate the anecdote
was that I heard David himself describe it in a television interview a
few years ago. I think the interview was in connection with publication
of a book, but enough time has passed that I'm not positive about that.

I feel like it's time for Rod Serling to step in... :-).

Rolfe