Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs the M4, and filter factors
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:30:07 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Howard" <mvhoward@mac.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 10:49 AM

> Jack McLain wrote:
>
> > I occasionally use red. orange, green, and neutral
> > density in B&W photography and have gotten used to through the lens
> > metering
> > to compensate for the light fall off.
>
> I regularly use yellow, orange, red, and green filters with my M2.  You
> learn the filter factors and compensate accordingly.  It's not a big
> deal.
>
> M.

 Yes, I know that; I am quite familiar with the process (as I stated in the
subsequent line of my post which you snipped).  What I was driving at -
perhaps not too clearly - is the fact that I thought it is curious that
there has been no mention, that I have seen, in either the responses to my
query in this list, or in the mess of Leica web sites, of the advantage (if
any) of being able to utilize filters without calculating (which can take
only seconds, but seconds that might make a difference).

Just an observation.. nothing heavy or contentious from my end.
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net