Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS Week 17
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:23:27 -0400 (EDT)

Ted, as you probably surmised, the girl is just a supporting compositional
element, not the subject.  Anytime I take people shots, they usually suck
up at least 2/3 of the frame.  Looking at the print I have here, I can
pretty confidently say that she wouldn't have been the subject on the best
of days...

There is kind of a weird story behind this; I was waiting on some friends
who were late (they actually arrived during the exposure), and I was
watching this massive space.  I was idly seeing if I could take the shot
and noticed four people coming up the side aisles at the same time.  So I
took it.  It was a 1 second exposure propped on some fixture that was
sticking up out of the ground.  This whole thing came out of boredom and a
need to be distracted from the New Tate's nosebleeding 0% humidity that
day.

The fact that she was in a state of nervous paralysis may have just been
lucky.

Dante