Subject: Re: [Leica] was @#$@#$#@ foreigners..FU to all who agree with this crap
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:05:11 -0700

Simon Lamb said:
> I really do feel compelled to respond to your message, particularly as you
> seem to be signifying some displeasure at the ramblings about watches on
> this 'Leica photography' forum.  I seem to remember that you are quite
fond
> of rambling about single malts (at one time on a thread that had this one
> beaten for the number of messages posted), but I guess as an older and
> respected member of this forum with more photographic credentials than
many
> of us can ever hope to achieve, it is OK for you to do that but not for
> others.<<<<

Hello Simon,
How are you today good buddy?

Jeeeesh I do hope your feeling fine as I find your post a tad provocative
when it wasn't necessary, because those who know me and I would think you
must by now if you've been on the LUG for several years or more.

That when I post one of my "tongue in cheek rambling diatribes" as I did, it
really has nothing to do with the displeasure of the "Watch topic." But
really about poking a fun finger at the topic because really " how long can
a topic about watches go on?" Unless you want it to beat the Lagavulin and
single malt conversations that always flare up, and hell I don't even start
it, but I always get the blame. :-)

But you know what? Damn it's all in fun! :-) And I don't give a flying
hoop!:-)

And when someone gets their kilt in a knot about one of my pokes of fun at
their topic, it illustrates they take life and topics way toooo serious!
Jeesh man I thought a couple weeks ago I was about to die and when I didn't
it sure opened my eyes and my way of life changed from that day on.

I mean did you really really read my post and not realize that it was a fun
stupid thing? I know you didn't truly read it, because who the hell would
believe the silliness of the Mickey mouse watch crap?

You do realize it was close to bullshit and fiction, apart from my wife
showing me the watch in K Mart for a few dollars when the one I bought in
Lusaunne cost a bloody fortune because I was suckered.

When I do this, most people are smart enough to see the silly humour, well
attempted humour, they slough it off as that idiot photographer Ted Grant
trying to be funny again. :-) And sometimes it works and then? Sh*t I blew
one again!:-)

Now don't you feel a little better knowing there wasn't a serious point to
the post?

Have a good watch week and for heaven sake do go take a roll or two and call
us next week and see how you feel. :-) Now don't get serious, smile! :-)

have a nice day.
ted

Replies: Reply from "Jean-Michel Tomaschett" <jx@bluewin.ch> (Re: [Leica] was @#$@#$#@ foreigners..FU to all who agree with this crap)