Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing a 75 1.4 -- mitch's question
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:40:19 -0700

on 07/20/03 4:52 PM, Nelson Chan at cchan@info.com.ph wrote:

> Eric,
>
> How do you adjust your M6 to be "in line".?

It's easy as 1-2-3.

1) Send it to:

A) Don Goldberg
B) Sherri Krauter
C) Leica.
D) Your favorite REAL Leica repair shop

2) WITH the lens.

3) Tell them to calibrate the focus to that lens.

All other lenses will fall in line.

I make it an official policy that I do not fix Leicas. And I don't even
bother to pretend to know how to calibrate the rangefinder in an M camera.
I'd rather rebuild the carburetor of a 1955 Packard Patrician.

Wait, I did that when I was 10! With the help of my dad, er, I helped him...

:-)

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.