Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 reliability & serial numbers
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:20:14 -0400

Martin Howard wrote:

> Someone asked a day or two ago about R8 reliability and serial numbers.
>  I found the post with the summary of the survey that I conducted in
> 2000.  If you're basing purchasing decision upon this, please be aware
> of two things:
>
>     a) It is currently 2+ years out of date;
>
>     b) Many R8s have been repaired, or refurbished, to perfect working
> order;
>
>     c) The survey was on a voluntary basis and included only 19 people.
>
> That said, I offer you:
>
>     http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v18/msg11878.html
>
> M.

Also, every R8 sold in the U.S. (I don't know about other locations) had
its warranty extended to five years. I forget when exactly the R8 was
introduced, but I think that means that most R8's are still under warranty.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014