Subject: Re: [Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:45:39 +1000

Hi Jack,

Great intro - thanks.  I'm jumping in late on this one, but I'm with
Ernie.  It sounds like an MP would be fully appreciated in your hands.
A less expensive way would be an M6 'Normal'.  I have one of these and
an M6TTL and I much prefer the look and feel of the Normal.  I do use
flash a bit though and the TTL is very good at that.

As for lenses, one of Leica's cheapest and best is the 50 Summicron.
With a 35 Summicron and a pre APO 90 Summicron you'd be well on the
way.  The later APO and ASPH lenses are truly stunning, but their
predecessors are beautiful in their own right.

Regards, and please pass on how you go.  Rick Dykstra, Australia.

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> ([Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom; update status)