Subject: Re: [Leica] Hats?
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:22:32 -0400

Hi,

Why wear a hat?  Because they're cool, that's why.  I pretty much always wear
one.  They keep my head warm in the winter (it may be a co-incidence, but since
I've started wearing hats around 15 years ago, I almost never get colds).  They
keep my face (and glasses) dry in the rain.  They shade my face in the hot
summer sun.

So, with all those good reasons, since I've decided that I'm going to wear a
hat for practical reasons, I've decided that I'd might as well throw style
(and, sometimes humour) into the mix.  I have several berets, a fedora, many
baseball caps, a couple of funky Nepalese hats, several ubiquitous Canadian
toques, an Iranian hat with gold thread and mirrors, and, my favourite, a
genuine Moroccan fez (which I haven't actually worn in public).  I'm currently
looking for a pith helmet.

Oh yeah, in the "not practical but raises eyebrows" category:

http://www.nrg666.com/pdml/portraits/pages/FrankTheriault.htm

<vbg>

cheers,
frank

Marc James Small wrote:

> <snip>Otherwise, why wear a hat?<snip>

- --
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer