Subject: Re: [Leica] Extremely OT - Networking ?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:48:47 -0500

>I use Road Runner cable modem which is then input to a router and
>distributed to 4 computers in my home.  I am trying to turn one of
>the computers into a webserver running Apache - will I be able to do
>this with Road Runner and a router given that I believe my IP
>address is dynamic?

Ernie -

Yes, I use the www.tzo.com to get a dynamic host name.  Basically you
instert a small program in your server that pings the TZO server
every now and then, updating the new IP address. TZO runs its own
name servers so that your www address (which can be either something
like  ernie.tzo.com    or   www.ernie.com  depending on how much you
pay TZO) maps correctly.

I'd like to take a photo of this setup with my Leica!  <=  on topic?

Karen Nakamura