Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:32:00 -0700

lack of vision?  I think I might agree with the first 2 accusations, but
they did not get caught blindsided... it is that Kodak is a coating company.
They coat "things".  Film, Hard Disks, etc.  The population is now using
things that are not coated. so their film lines are getting hit hard.  What
can you do with employees that are trained to do a  job, and the population
moves from Buggy Whips to Disk Brakes?  Yes, they need to downsize.  They
needed to downsize.  They are downsizing.

Assuming you were in charge of the new products area of Kodak, what would
you suggest for new products, without downsizing?  Remember your employees
are trained in certain tasks .... changing those tasks drastically is not an
over night accomplishment.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net