Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:28:04 -0700

It's difficult. I try very hard to buy American products (like Leica
(Canadian) cameras and lenses and Kodak film and CDs.  But Leica Canada no
longer produces gear, Kodak gold CDs are now discontinued, and every time I
go through the effort to become comfortable with one of Kodak's emulsions
(K25, Ektra, Royal Gold, Supra), they discontinue it.

The last time (supra 100) was the last straw. Once my freezer is empty I'm
switching to Fuji. When Fuji discontinues Reala, I'm going digital. Ted
Grant was right. Only fools spend the time and effort to calibrate their
equipment (or their emulsions). The digital advantage: the emulsion never
changes.. (Of course it never gets any better either...)

Mike Quinn