Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:16:13 -0500

>Does this non-sale of parts apply to only US repair services, or is it
>worldwide? Is Canada or the UK an option if this goes into practice?

I believe it's already the practice in Japan, but our laws allow only
authorized repair stations to have parts. So only SiberHegny, the
authorized Leica seller has them.

What has happened, though, is that one of the largest repair places
(I forgot their name but can look it up) manufactures its own repair
parts, which means it can fix anything from a Leica I to a M6.

Good, but in Japan people are used to paying $500-800 for an
overhaul. In the U.S., I don't think we're that rich yet.

Karen

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts)
Message from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts)