Subject: [Leica] Wake UP Leica! (was: Leica USA no longer selling repair parts)
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:22:40 -0700

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> I have been setting money aside for a new 35/1.4 asph.  So much for
> this.  The fund's now going toward a Canon D1s or its equivalent, even
> if it takes longer to accumulate it.  I'll continue to use the Ms in
> the
> foreseeable future, but I will never buy another new Leica product
> again, period.

Put that in a paper mail, address to the president of Leica USA, and
send it off.  Once they get it through their heads that they are not
creating extra revenue through monopolising the repair market, but
actually loosing revenue because people choose competitors products
instead, maybe they'll rethink this inanely stupid decision.

Leica needs to wake up and smell the coffee.  Their greatest asset is
not their illustrious past, or the fact that they can make a limited
run of 50 cameras to match the latest Hermes scarf collection.  It's
their insanely loyal customer base.  If they start pissing that away
through short-sighted greed, they deserve to go out of business in six
months.

M.

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: Wake UP Leica! (was: Leica USA no longer selling repair parts))