Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW wk 30/sl
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith@dcc.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:23:25 -0500

Is she stifling a laugh or a cry or a sneeze? Hmm...he seems happy enough,
so it's probably a light moment. The guy's malt glass (no, Ted, not
single-malt glass) suggests that you shot this in 1960, but the clothes and
cheap, stackable chairs tell us that it is recent. His T-shirt sleeves are
way too long for 1960, and he doesn't have cigarettes rolled up in the
sleeve. But the table is art-deco 1930's to 1950's.

And the way it is framed, I'm kind of drawn into the picture. I like the
blown-out scenery outdoors. Looks like it could be Arizona or Texas in mid
summer. Someone could write a short story from this shot.

Jeffery