Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "Phil Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:15:41 -0500

As usual, very wise words, Ted.
And Brian's note that, to his knowledge, no Leica Corp. subscribers are
here is also troubling.
One would think that free market research would be sought and
appreciated.
In my mind, the hope for Leica's future rests with amateurs  - we are
the folks who will stick with film long after most pro's go digital, the
ones who collect the stuff, etc.
People often pursue hobbies with an irrational enthusiasm - and that's
good for these niche businesses.
Look at Harley-Davidson, for example - I challenge anyone to show me one
person who NEEDS a "Hog".
But they have a nearly cult following,  and most owners become hooked
forever.
I think the reason most people here are upset is that they fear for the
future of their favorite camera company, and hate to see management do
something that hastens it's failure.
Just my 0.02
Phil