Subject: Re: [Leica] Help - what filter size is a Summarex, and WTB - lens cap for Summarex
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:25:12 -0700

Hello Vick:

First, the lens cap for the Summarex is larger than would be necessary,
since,  it is designed to work on the lens hood slipped over the lens
backwards.  This cap will not work on a lens with an E58 filter requirement.

Second, the following Leitz lenses use an E58 filter:
    125mm Hektor
    200mm Telyt V
    280mm Telyt V

The lens cap for these, if it works without a hood, may work for you.  Also,
you can use a modern style cap that grips the inside threads of the lens and
I think 58mm may be a standard size, although, not real common.

I am curious as to how you like your Summarex.  I tested mine and the
results were better than I expected.  It is, however, a very heavy lens.

Best regards,
Roland Smith