Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:44:49 -0700

Software is exactly how they fix noisy cameras. The Leica Digilux 1 was
pretty bad until they fixed the software. They specifically designed
with EPROMS exactly for that reason. As for the shutter, that is bad
news. That would be a deal-breaker for me. There is no reason not to
base it on at least the F100 body.

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 11:15  PM, mehrdad-((kiakki.net)) wrote:

> This particular cmos is very noisy and (if the base is
> bad), I really doubt it software can fix it. Besides the body is kind
> of
> cheesy and the shutter stuff is from n80 which is not designed to
> handle pro
> abuse.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
- - Will Rogers