Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash on M3 - help
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:06:02 -0400

Ted Bayer wrote:
> I don't use flash much - so I have a question for you.
>
> I know the Vivitar 283 is OK to use on the M3.  My question is, do you have
> to be careful which flash you use?  My concern is - are there some flashes
> that should not be used because the voltage may be too high - fry the
> electricals in the camera?
>
> May be a dumb question, but I am seriously concerned and would like to know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ted

Ted,

AFAIK, the M3 flash circuit just has simple mechanical contacts -- there
is really nothing to get fried.

I don't use flash much, but I have used my M3 with a 283, as well as the
Vivitar 2800, which puts about 150 volts on the circuit. I've used some
studio strobes as well, so I don't think there is much to worry about

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net> (Re: [Leica] Flash on M3 - help)