Subject: Re: [Leica] It's all pots and pans now...
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:48:58 +0100

Excuse me if this has been said before - I have been deleting most
posts recently as I am busy. Titanium must be the dumbest choice for
cookware. Titanium has an exceptionally low coefficient of thermal
conduction (for a metal). It is about the nearest thing a metal gets to
an insulator - and is used as such in high temperature applications! It
is of similar strength to steel, depending on alloy. All the technical
details on that site are bs!
It is amazing what fashion and ignorance can achieve.
Frank