Subject: Re: [Leica] My first posting of my images
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:31:01 -0400

Kurt - liked the church stairs.  One suggestion of a technical nature -
the file sizes should be kept to less than 75K or even 50 K as
downloading takes too much time.

I apologize if you already know this but the off chance that you dont
heres my workflow in Photoshop to achieve this goal

- - get the picture the way you like it - color, contrast  -SAVE as a
TIFF file

- - Use Unsharp Masking to sharp up the digital image - you will learn
what setting suite your tastes

- - Then change image size by going to menu 'IMAGE'  - here's what I use
as a rough guideline - 4 x6 or 6 x 4 at 72 dpi.  This gieves you a file
size of about 300 to 400 K.  Dont save this image.  Next got to 'FILE'
and hit Save for Web - select jpg and either quality level of 60 or 80
- - doing this will get your file size to 30-50K.   Once the image is
saved as a jpg DONT save the working image because then your TIFF which
was at 1200 DPI will now be forever at 72.

More questions let me know.

ernie nitka