Subject: RE: [Leica] Marc Small's statement that M6 is best built M camera
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:35:58 -0600

> >The f/stop ring on the "new" 135 apo is so sloppy it reminds me
> of 1946 Jap
> >camera construction.
>
> Err... didn't we have a big huge flame war about how the term J*p is
> considered a racial slur by many (including myself)?
>
> I'm (barely) willing to put up with the sexist nonsense on this list,
> but can we cut it out with the racist ones?

Here here.

On top of which I would have said 1990's US anything construction instead of
1946 Japanese construction. When I moved to N America 15 years ago from
Europe, I couldn't believe how crappy most of the consumer mechanical goods
manufactured across here were. Poor design (often lacking any kind of
design) and poor workmanship (and I'm not talking about "made in china"
products).

tim