Subject: Re: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:51:32 +0000

My R cameras (r4 bought very used and R8 bought new) have been drenched in
water, sweat, Deet, dust, snow and once a large dollop of bird shit.  I have
used my R8 at -27F for 5 hours straight without protection. I have left them
in my car on hot summer days for weeks on end.  They have been dropped on
wood floors, car floors, carpet floors and end tables.  They have never
required service.  They have never failed me.

I wish I could say this about my Nikons, Contax or even (god help me) my M6.

If you don't like the idea of a manual focus SLR, fine, get something else,
but to claim the R8-9 cameras are anything less than the very best and most
capable optical instruments in 35mm photography is ignoring fact.

Best grumpy wishes
Dan States
Grand Forks ND