Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Re: LUG metallurgist
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:25:39 -0700

Jerry:

I don't understand...

If the thermal conductivity is high, I'd expect the heat to be conducted
away from the source until the whole bottom of the pan reached the same
temperature. Why would that lead to more "hot spots" than a low conductivity
material (which wouldn't conduct the heat away from it's source)?

(You could probably test this by using infra-red film in your Leica...)

Mike Quinn

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] OT Re: LUG metallurgist)