Subject: Re: [Leica] IRC question
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:58:01 -0500

> animal asked:
>
> > Sorry to bother you with this one but could not find it in the
> > archives.What
> > are the IRC,s details?

To join our Leica chat, you'll need to get an IRC client

 for PC I use MIrc  You can download it at
 http://www.mirc.co.uk  and if you like it, pay the license.

 For macs, try Ircle for earlier OS or Carbon for OS X, available here:

 http://www.ircle.com/  same deal for the license.

 Once you've installed the client on your machine, set it to "Newnet"  and

 "Random Newnet server"

 or, "irc.newnet.net," if that is the way your client prefers it.

 The channel is #Leica   There will usually be  names in the user column,
 some of us often stay connected and leave our machines for periods of time.

There is usually someone in from about 8 am  until 11 pm Central US time.
Type a hello, and if one or more of us are online, we'll respond.

Regards,

Sonny