Subject: Re: [Leica] Re cropping dilema
From: Clif Wright <skidoophoto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

 With all this talk of the validity of various
technique as it applies to photojournalism I am
curious to know what the LUG thinks of the work of
someone like James Whitlow Delano.

http://club.pep.ne.jp/~james.delano/asia/sw_china/sw_china.html
http://club.pep.ne.jp/~james.delano/asia/vietnam/vietnam.html
http://club.pep.ne.jp/~james.delano/asia/india/india.html

 He obviously uses burning and dodging extensively as
his signature.
 He has done essays for Time:

http://www.time.com/time/asia/features/photoessays/tibet.delano.0717/frames/2.html

and Outside magazine:

http://web.outsideonline.com/magazine/1296/9612fehapp.html

in addition to winning the Eisie award and Excellence
in Communication award.
 For me this style has more to do with the
representation of the memory of a subject than the
actual subject itself. What do you think?
 Just to stay on topic Delano uses a M2 and 35mm lens
for most of his work and has been featured with one
man shows at the Leica Gallery in Prague and Germany.
Thanks,
Clif Wright

=====
http://www.pbase.com/clifwright