Subject: [Leica] Leica Friday for Sale Leica Cool Cameras and Odd Bits you need!
From: mak@teleport.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:03:37 -0700 (PDT)

In going through my stuff I found a few items that you NEED! Please make me an offer on any or all these items! All hard as heck to find...

Swatch Leica M3- M6 WATCH quite colorful EX++ working great

Leica Adox Removeable Film Magazine marked Leitz this was featured in Viewfinder a few issues ago. EX+++ condition.

As many of you know, for years, I imported Leica copies from Russian and the Ukraine. Then the Russians got their own access to ebay. oh well. During that time my friends and craftspeople there made many one-of-a-kind (or pretty close to it) items for me...EX to as new and in working condition...

Fed 5c NIB factory engraved with Riverview Bank Logo as a prototype of what Fed could do. Logo is about 1.5" on rear top and black paint filled. Unfortunately by the time we added up all the numbers a custom Fed would be as much as a custom Leica M6 so...this is the only example.

Fed 5c NIB Green Leather. About 1996, Fed made a couple hundred in red, blue, green and brown. This is the last I have left.

Official Reich Highway Inspector Camera...in highway hash mark yellow (gold/brass lens and dials/knobs). For Christmas one year they asked what color camera I wanted. As I was driving a bright yellow Miata at the time I said yeoow. Fearing I would get lemon yellow I said Highway Hash Mark Yellow...what is highway hash mark yellow they asked...so off to Moscow went prints and PMS swatches of highway hash marks...and back came a highway hash mark Yellow Fed/Zorki 1 with 50mm f3.5 in gold (well brass) and of course, it had to be engraned with the Nazi Luffwatten Eagle in silver!

Eva Braun-Hitler's personal camera...well it could have been. A lovely Luftwaffen Leica (well a Fed or Zorki 1) in historically accurate Heer (army) Green...yes your only chance to own a green camera engraved with the air force eagle (the next batch was historically correct grey)...with 50mm f3.5 Elmarski as well.

My wife's favorite holiday has always been Halloween...and for Halloween one year a twine tied paper wrapped box arrived at our door with a hammertone silver Beitbrisk (my spelling error here) engraved (in red no less) Leica I A prototype (surprise just like the ones in the VanHasbrook (sp) book I sent their way) with a covered VF but no RF) and, best of all the Elmarski 50mm f3.5 is painted PUMPKIN ORANGE ENAMEL!

Yuri Gargain's personal Fed I (Zorki 1) that was on the first manned space flight (uh huh...want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?). Lovely Titanium finish top and bottom plates and Elmarski. Top engraved with the flight logo and date.

www.cameraleather.com number one...ever wonder what sick human being would loan camera leather his cameras to have them come back with a fresh, new look? Yup. Me. This is the first Leica SM camera ever done by CameraLeather. A EX- but working  real Leica D (or Model II) black paint...BLUE SNAKESKIN LEATHER...must see to enjoy etc etc! (and it you are really interested he did a Rolleiflex 2.8E Planar in red snake skin for me but it would take a 2.8F to talk me out of that one!)

Anyhow if someone is interested in these I am sure as Leica things go these will themselves be collectibles (perhaps they are already) as even in Russia it is getting hard to find Fed and Zorki 1 cameras (and Kiev Contaxes) in decent shape) and even harder to find craftspeople to turn my dreams into reality (at an affordable price)...

Offer away (mak@teleport.com is my e mail)

If you have never dealt with me my id on that auction site is markkronquist should you wish to check my feedback.

Should you wish to fondle before you buy these cameras and many many other classics are on display at Blue Moon Camera 8417 N Lombard in Portland Oregon...however at Blue Moon they are priced as eye candy...($2500 each if you want to pay me that I would be more than delighted but quite honestly my expectation is FAR less... that said my expectation is also higher than a $50 Fed 5c on ebay as well) they attract attention to the shelves of Leica cameras but are priced to discourage purchase (and lenghtly explainations of what a Leica copy is, why Luftwaffen cameras are grey not green etc.)

Anyhow...how often do you get the cnace to corner the market on one-of-a-kind Leica copies?

thanks Mark mak@teleport.com