Subject: [Leica] Lens cleaning
From: Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:07:28 +0200

Dear group -

I have recently decided to have my (new) 35-Cron and 90-Elmarit live
without UV filter. Thought about it for a bit and decided that I seems a
little silly to spend on the best quality lens to protect it with an
additional glass surface which, at best, does not add to quality.

Anyway, now I would like to have suggestions how to go about
periodically cleaning the lens (front and rear element) without harming
it. I have seen adds with lenses sold with 'little cleaning marks'. Is
there a way to avoid those? Currently I am a little reluctant to touch
the glass with anything at all ;-)

Thanks a lot for any thoughts or pointers!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>