Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica parts
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:15:42 -0700

I believe that once the parts are purchase legally and through a licensed
distribution channel at some point in the purchase trail, the resale of
those parts can not be interfered with... i.e.. same old rules, but the
number of parts that leak out is limited....   SO as much as this looks to
Leica like a big win, it probably means nothing.

BTW, I wonder if the policy was really this way, or if this is damage
control?  I know we all made a pretty good stink, including on the Leica
sponsored BBS....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

One of the concerns that prompted the now-changed
policy was that some people in U.S. were ordering parts and selling overseas
in contravention of Solms' policy not to sell to independents. As a result,
Northvale will limit the sale of individual parts to a certain small numbe
to ensure that parts do not go overseas.