Subject: Re: [Leica] opinions on M7 vs. MP
From: Robert Clark <rclark01@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:07:21 -0400

I agree with Steve.  When I had the chance to handle both cameras a week
ago at a Pa. Leica dealer, that was my feeling exactly.  I kept picking
up the MP with the scalloped 50mm black lens and tried it in all kinds
of lighting situations.  The feel of the camera, the elegance of
simplicity, and the exceptionally bright viewfinder impressed the heck
out of me.  On the other hand, I tried an M7 and was fascinated by the
auto exposure capability in a M camera.  I tried several lenses and
really liked seeing the shutter speeds change in the viewfinder.  I also
like the exposure lock feature that allows the shooter to expose for one
area and then recompose before shooting.  Right now, I don't know which
one I'd take but I'm infatuated with them both.  Guess I'll just
continue to use my M6TTL...with my 35 Summicron, 50Summilux, and 90
Elmarit.  Head says M7....heart says (with a loud insistend beat) MP.  I
do think I'll have one of them as a second body within 12 months or so.

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA